Consumers have spoken: Bigger isn’t always better. A desire for smaller homes was a trend identified in a recent survey1 conducted by the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB). The survey revealed that most buyers prefer smaller homes with high-quality products over a more spacious home with fewer amenities.
Whirlpool Corporation, the world’s leading manufacturer of home appliances, knows that homes don’t have to be spacious in order to be efficient, high-performing and beautiful. With the right amenities, small spaces can emulate the functionality of a larger home, which will be discussed during our Designing for Small Spaces KBTribeChat on Wednesday June 10, co-hosted by Whirlpool Corporation (@WhirlpoolCorp) and PCBC (Pacific Coast Builders Conference), the premier homebuilding trade show on the West Coast (@PCBC_TheShow).
The chat was originally scheduled to take place at PCBC, and despite show plans changing, PCBC still plans to join Whirlpool Corporation to connect with building industry professionals and discuss small spaces.
Certain appliances and design elements can make all the difference when it comes to small spaces. Whirlpool Corporation’s family of brands offer innovative products that have been thoughtfully designed to suit a variety of home types, giving builders the appliance options that match virtually any project.
Join us at 2 p.m. ET on Wednesday, June 10 as we discuss what’s driving the desire for smaller homes and how beauty and performance can be maximized in small spaces. To prepare for the discussion, here are our chat questions:
- What are some advantages of smaller homes?
- Which appliances and design elements can help increase performance and functionality in small spaces?
- How can you creatively maximize space in small kitchens or laundry rooms without sacrificing design?
- How can home chefs mimic the functionality of a large kitchen in a small space?
- How are different generational preferences influencing the design of small spaces?